Re: [pct-l] resupplies

Sara,

Last year I went the shop as you go route for most of the trail. I did
however get mail drops from Crater lake north to the end of the trail since
the resupplies are not very good from that point forward.

I also has boxes sent to Mt Laguna and Warner Springs since those locations
don't offer very good resupply options either. Other than that I bought from
stores along the way without much problem. It's doable.

The stores I remember being kinda weak are: Echo Lake Resort (I went into
South Lake Tahoe which has everything) Belden Town Resort and Sierra City. I
got by at those places but it wasn't great. Everything I bought at Belden
was stale because they don't get much turnover.

You can buy food and ship it ahead if you like. That might be one way to
handle OR and WA. It's a pain in the butt though when you're on the trail.
At least for me it was. I couldn't get my brain to function at that high a
level :^). I had food shipped from VA to OR and WA. There aren't that many
stops but you will pay more sending it all the way across the country.

Troubadour
www.pcthiker.com