[pct-l] FW: [BackpackingLight] Lightweight packs with hip belts

To answer the query from Fallingwater...

(thoughfully forwarded to me by my friend Read Miller since I have had to avoid reading posts to conserve time recently)

Yes, we are accepting orders for the G4 pack.  Right now the custom production is slowly ramping up, and there is a waiting list.  We will have a website up soon at www.gvpgear.com with all the information.  We are selling the custom pack for $140 + $5 shipping and handling.  This is for $30 in materials, $80 I pay to have it sewn, and $30 to cover general overhead.  As soon as I can, I intend to have a batch of 50 made commercially.  You will have no choice of color or options, but I think I will be able to get them out the door for $70 + shipping and handling.  I am not looking to make a career out of this... just trying to get a pack that people seem interested in out there for as cheap as possible.  A quick rundown on features...

Hope this answers most of the questions.  If people are interested in either the custom or off-the-shelf model, they might drop me an email.  If there is enough response, I may go for an initial run of 100, so that people won't have to wait as long.