[pct-l] Hiking on Dec 22?

Here is something of interest for you hikers who are out on the trail on
December 22. You might even be interested if you are not out hiking (try to
get away from the city lights though).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "This year will be the first full moon to occur on the winter solstice,
December 22, commonly called the First Day of Winter, in 133 years.

 Since the full moon on the winter solstice will occur in conjunction with a
lunar perigee, the point in the moon's orbit that is closest to Earth, the
moon will appear about 14 per cent larger than it does at apogee, the point
in its elliptical orbit that is farthest from the Earth.

 The Earth is also several million miles closer to the sun than in the
summer, and sunlight striking the moon will be about 7 per cent stronger
making it brighter.

 Also, this will be the closest perigee of the Moon of the year, since the
moon's orbit is constantly deforming.

 In layman's terms, it will be a super bright full moon, much more than the
usual AND it hasn't happened this way for 133 years.  If the weather is clear
and there isn't a snow cover where you live, it is believed that even car
headlights will be superfluous.

 Our ancestors 133 years ago saw this. Our descendants 100 or so years from
now will see this again.

 Remember, this will happen December 22, 1999."

Mark your calendars,
Charlie