[pct-l] Propane/Butane Stove Test

Ted asked: What is the effective temperature of the fuel mix at time of
ignition? {Air is 70f}
I don't think this will make any difference but just to be safe I will light
the stove in the freezer next time. My understanding is that the problem is
with the propane/butane mixture vaporizing [boiling], not the temperature of
the air.

Ted also commented: Secondly, I am concerned about your statement that you
observed a weak flame.
I observed a weak flame as opposed to a roaring flame. The flame was the
rough equivalent of the stove at 1/2 power, the most efficient setting for
boiling water but not the fastest. Within a minute the flame stabilized as a
large flame.

I don't believe that my Primus propane/butane stove will boil water as fast
as my MSR but then it takes me 3-5 minutes [assuming nothing goes wrong] to
assemble, preheat, pressurize and fiddle with my MSR. Further, I would not
dare mess with my MSR in the tent whereas the canister stove is easy to
start in a tent.