[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #945

Talking about cell phones and such, here is one that will get some people
really upset.  For 35 years of backpacking, I have carried a small
shortwave/am/fm radio.  Some of my favorite memories are alone at night deep
in the wilderness listening to great radio plays out of London on the BBC.  I
always use ear phones even though I could use the small external speaker.
Currently, I have a Sony SW100S (16 ounces) with a long wire external antenna
for super reception.  I am sensitive about disturbing others with the sound
and sight of electronic civilization.  Just to pour oil on the fire, I plan
to buy the Skywatch Weather-Pro with Hygrometer (6 ounces) when it comes out,
so I can have windspeed/wind
chill/temp/compass/barometer/humidity/dewpoint/altimeter too!!  Happy hiking,
Switchback or is it "Gizmo"