[pct-l] Trail Manners

 Cell phones save lives in winter and are a useful tool. People should use
good manners when using.  I have seen hikers talking as if they were on a
soap box running for President as to impress anyone within 200 yards. ( very
bad manners!!! ) Many cafes in Seattle are now asking cell phone users to
step into a side room to talk .( good manners) I have no problems with cell
phones which can be a great help. Using a Cell phone 10 ft. from others
enjoying a Mountain top view is like taking a leek on the trail  in front of
strangers, if you need to talk , step out of ear range. ( I think cell phones
are a great piece of equipment, but would pick up a rock and put it to my ear
, then sarcasticly say " Hi Nicole, guess where I'm at" and imitate the jerk
on Whitney. Hopefully he would " Get the Picture " and back off. PS     Take
the Phone and your Manners