Re: [pct-l] BTU's

In a message dated 11/19/1999 Tom writes:

<< A butane stove with a canister that will last more than 8 days will weigh
 less than 16 ounces under the same constraints and boil more than 14 quarts
 of water. Plus it will simmer. >>

The canisters are sure convenient to use.  My limited experience with them
has been with larger, heavier stoves.  I couldn't be quite sure how long a
canister was going to last, so I tended to pack a spare.  Also, the ones I'm
familiar with couldn't be disassembled for packing once the cannister was
punctured, without losing all the fuel.  These were the GAZ -type cylinders
which are probably classed as antiques by now.