Re: [pct-l] Cell Phones et al...

In a message dated 11/20/99 8:58:29 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
tfrogers@san.rr.com writes:

<< I have some choices when I encounter things that annoy me.  I can try to
 control someone else's behavior, or I can breathe deeply, tune them out,
 and remind myself that I chose to be at this particular popular place on
 a weekend, or in peak season, or whatever.  Is it my problem or theirs?  >>

It's pretty hard to tune someone out when they are within 10 feet of you,
yakking to a girlfriend (not a sex issue, men do it too).

In all honesty, if someone called me up from the top of Mt. Whitney, I'd say
"cool" and hang up on them.  I didn't climb the mountain to get on a phone
and blurt out "you'll never guess where I am" I did it for myself and now
months later I'm trying to relate my experience.  I'm not as articulate as I
should be.  I'm working on that.  On this day the "others" around shared to
each other or within themselves the experience and accomplishment of climbing
this amazing mountain without prancing around.

I had a problem with their problem and I mentioned it.  It was a real life
PCT experience.  I am not preaching, if you want to fornicate with a
cellphone, go for it.

Sly