RE: [pct-l] ADZPCTKOP

I am responsible for the ADZPCTKOP date. Last year it was set too early in
mid-April. The thruhikers who left Campo that early would up in Kennedy
meadows too early. They had the choice of waiting for the snow to clear
[ruining their conditioning} or braving snowy passes [wearing themselves out
postholing through soft snow] This year we are targeting two (2) weekends
April 29,30, May 1 and May 5,6,7 [my birthday is 5/6. I will be 59]. It is
possible that we could move the date back to May 12,13,14. Water stashes
will commence with whatever weekend we pick and last about a month.

	In general the date will be set according to the convience of the
organizers. The people who worked their @$$ off last year will decide what
date is best for them.

	I intend to slack pack Section A, carrying nothing but lunch and
water, celebrating my 59th. Those who want to hike with me should
understanding that I have lost 25 pounds of my belly pack. Greg in
particular should plan to walk many nights with his fifth kid if he wants to
keep up with me. I am trying to talk Sly into driving the van but so far he
is talking about some girlfriend and a nondescript trail [AT]. He'll cave
in.Unlimited beer . . . .