[pct-l] Re: Experience with Sport Bottle Water Filters?

I have stopped using the pump filters because of the time needed to pump and
switched to the Safe Water Anywhere bottles.  I have used their earlier
bottle now for two years with no problems.  This year I bought their new
bottle with prefilters and my son uses a Platapus bag with an inline Safe
Water Anywhere filter.  I really enjoy being able to scoop up water at
stream crossings and drink it immediately while it is nice & cold.  I know I
get some strange looks from people that think I am drinking unfiltered
water.

Their WEB site is http://www.safewateranywhere.com

There site goes into depth about what it filters and how well.

   Microbiological Organisms
	Test Results: (per safewater)
      Reduction
      Cryptosporidium	Gastro-enteric diseases    	99.90%
      E. Coli		Gastro-enteric diseases		99.10%
      Giardia		Gastro-enteric diseases		99.99%

Does anyone have some good comparisons of these type of filters vs PUR,
Sweetwater etc. filters vs Iodine vs chlorine.  Has Backpacker magazine done
a comparison or NOLS or some other independent body????

I don't have any connection with this company but it seems like a really
good product that works immediately, is light, and not very expensive.