Re: [pct-l] suture kits

Kevin wrote,
> Whenever I get a gash, I prefer to close it with a fishhook from my tackle
kit, and some mint dental floss.....

Actually, they make a product now called "Durabond" that is sold to
hospitals. It is a vial that you squeeze and it mixes a glue to hold your
cut closed. But it is meant for wounds that bleed very little--so maybe it
is not your your big gashes! Besides I don't fish so don't usually carry
those nasty fishhooks. A guy came into out ER who had sutured his own thigh
with a needle and thread...and it looked bad. But in a pinch.....

John Vonhof