-----Original Message-----
From: Joanne Lennox [mailto:goforth@cio.net]

Your are sure right about filtering water after you become a carrier. Coals
to Newcastle. If I knew I was a carrier, I would get treated, and treat the
water subsequently so that I would not just be another person spreading the
disease.

I do not believe that this situation is analogous to males being carriers
of pregancy, Giardia endospores are extremely long-lived, very resistent,
and difficult to "disinfect"; they can be carried by wind and dust, they
can be multiplied by intermediate hosts that walk all over the place(
marmots, beavers, rodents), there are a number of fecal and toilet paper
eating animals that also spead this disease,