Re: [pct-l] organic chemicals

>I remember the MSR Waterworks [A Miniworks with an additional lower
>element] claiming removal of some inorganic ions and even some viruses. Is
>this possible?

A "filter" can't "remove" viruses, but an Iodine Matrix can kill them.

Ions are small!!! Removing them with a "filter" would be difficult. I'm not
an expert, but I do remember some of my O-chem and P-chem from school.

There ARE Reverse Osmosis hand pumps (used by sailors) that will remove
ions (salt) but they take something like 1000 pumps for a liter of water. I
suppose an RO membrane is a type of filter, but I don't think it counts in
the current scope of the discussion.

-Brick