[pct-l] RE: pct-l-digest V1 #851

>Bears near Thousand Is. Lake on JMT

When we did the JMT several years ago, we were warned about the bears at Thousand Island Lake. The rangers strongly suggested we not make camp there if we did not carry canisters. I recall the trees there did not make good counterbalance possible, and not many hikers carried canisters then.

We camped elsewhere, but others said they would feel cheated if they didn't camp right at the famous lake. They ended up feeding the bears.            Barb

Service Brought To You By http://WWW.DWP.NET