Re: [pct-l] rain gear in summer

I've tried the new Lowe Triple Point ultra lightweight jacket and pants
(the "Adrenaline" line). It's almost down to Activent weights and much
more waterproof. They are so thin though that you'll get condensation
on the inside fairly fast. If that also mean that they are less
breathable is hard to tell. It's also not Triple Point Ceramic - only
Triple Point. I've no idea what consequences that have - if any.

I've used my set on the AT for six weeks plus on shorter trips at home.
My impression is mixed. I love the weight, but the design of the jacket
is pretty bad. Too short (for my taste), no pit zips, too small hood
and the velcro at the main zipper tend to stick to everything,
including the mesh pockets.

The pants (the full side zip version) is great.

They also make a pull over version. Without full front zip it's even
lighter, but with even less venting options. Better hood, and I liked
the design better, BUT it's got stretch closure around the arms which
pretty much eliminate any possibility to get any air in there. (The
jacket has velcro there).

In spite of the complaints though, this is in my opinion the best
option at the moment for ultralight waterproof/breathable rainwear - at
a great price.

Svein