Re: [pct-l] rain gear for JMT

The question was asked,

 > One more question: goretex raincoat or poncho on the jmt in August? I
could save a pound off of my basepack...I keep going back and forth on this
one. I know if it is wet enough I get plenty wet even in goretex.

I am planning on light fleece with a coated type nylon rain/wind suit. The
fleece provides warmth and drys quickly. This is the system used with
success in Europe.

John Vonhof
vonhof@pacbell.net
author: FIXING YOUR FEET: Preventive Maintenance and Treatments for Foot
Problems of Runners, Hikers, and Adventure Racers
web site: http://www.footworkpub.com/feet/index.htm