Re: [pct-l] tick joke

Karen,

Great joke.  I wore a "Repello" wrist band on my most recent trip that I
found at a sporting goods store and is supposed to repel mosquitos.  I
received so much ribbing from my cohorts for wearing a "dog collar" on my
wrist the entire trip!  They suggested wearing around my neck and hanging
one from each ear and putting them around my ankles and well, better to not
mention the other suggestion here.

Did it work?  I don't think that I was pestered as much by the scant
mosquitos for the first three days that my cohorts were, difficult to
measure.  However, on the fourth day the mosquitos hatched at the lake we
were camped at and nothing, not even 100% deet could keep them from swarming.

FWIW, I also tried vitamin B12.  It didn't work for me.  I started taking
it two days before the trip.   I'm a big guy and I suspect that I didn't
get the dosage right for my size, so it may not be a valid test for me.
Does anyone have any experience with this?  What dosage? How frequent?

As you can tell, I'll try anything to avoid mosquitos, including never
going into the Sierras again in early summer :->

Greg "Strider" Hummel