Re: [pct-l] Skin reaction on ankles

:(The "Cotton Kills!" people maybe should also re-examine their overly broad
:generality.  Stupidity kills.  Anybody that relies exclusively on cotton to
:keep them warm, may need to be educated.  But cotton also cools and can
:save lives in desert situations, where wicking attire may not only be
:inappropriate, but contribute to heat prostration.)

I almost always carry two or three of cotton t-shirts (often
long-sleeved) -- on summer hikes -- switching off between two for hiking in
(wear one one day, wear the other the next) and saving one for sleeping in.
I've experimented with wearing man-made fiber shirts but found that, when I
was sweating heavily, they got just as wet. In the summer, I also carry a
man-made fiber long-underwear top that I can switch to if conditions require
(in the winter, I carry several). I have no problem with changing shirts on
the trail if that's what needs to be done.  :-)

Karen