Re: [pct-l] bear canisters

1- My less than humble opinion says that the aluminum canister requires a screw
driver [weight 1 ounce]. I am sure the manufacturer would dispute this but that
is my experience.

2-I am assuming that you are resupplying at Lone Pine but using the pass before
Trail Crest [Mt. Whitney]. BJ's post indicated that their were bear boxs along
Rock Creek. Pase Crabtree Meadows there are bear canisters to Woods Creek. The
secret is to NOT OPEN THE CANISTER until past Woods Creek. Until then USE the
bear boxs. The canister, carefully packed, will hold 18 pounds of food, enough
to make VVR.