Re: [pct-l] bear canisters

It seems to me that bears mostly go after your
food at night. I was first concerened that they
would only go after "unsupervised" backpacks
or food, but now it seems (from reading everyone's
posts) that they will indeed go after a person
with a backpack (ie. a backpack in a tent). My
questions is, will bears go far enough to confront
you on a trail *while hiking*? Even if you do
have a bear canister, it seems they would still
be attracted to other scents in your pack, or
maybe just your pack. Is it possible bears will
eventually go this far?

Jim