Re: [pct-l] bear boxes

Well RJ, bears weigh in up to 400 pounds. Even a cub has more strength than a
human adult. Bears tear doors off cars all the time to get food. Could you do
that? Bears also run much faster than humans and climb trees easily. In hand to
paw combat you will lose even with a stout stick.

So why are you not afraid? Well, bears appear little, more like dogs. Bears, for
some reason, don't like to be around humans so they, historically, have run from
contact. Why? I am not sure. BJ once sent me a long post on the subject. The
gist of it was that bears don't predate [kill and eat] humans because of habit
[the same reasons that humans don't eat bugs]

Yes Californians ares soft. Americans are soft. Humans in general are soft.
Bears are not soft. That's the problem.