[pct-l] Lightweight

A couple of comments....

	Ray Jardine also suggested strongly starting later in the year to avoid
snowstorms, cold weather, and bloated streams.

	I have been miserable under a "seige-conditions" pack, and will see much
more with a lightweight pack.  That, perhaps, is exactly the point -- when
your eyes are open (ie., not sleeping but walking), you have the extra
comfort and energy to see your surroundings and make intelligent/wise
decisions about how to best handle the conditions around you.

	Practically speaking:  I modified my Totes umbrella according to his
suggestions, and saved over 4 oz with no apparent loss in functionality.  2
of the four were just sawing the curve off the handle (3 min); the other
two took quite a bit more work and purchasing new wire; heavier wire didn't
fit so I had to go back to the same gauge that was there originally.

- Dave

David B. Stockton
davstock@tiac.net