Re: [pct-l] leaving soon, mailing white gas, list suggestion

Rebecca

CHECK WITH THE USPO BEFORE MAIL ANY FLAMMABLE LIQUID you may end up in jail.
After the crash of the jet in Florida 2-3 years ago the feds have gotten very
picky to where 2 drops of a flammable liquid in 40 cc of water were considered
hazardous!   I worked in the environmental clean up industry for 7 years and we
were very limited on what we could ship.  UPS ground was easier to deal with and
if  I remember correctly we were able to ship 1L bottles of gas contaminated
water.  But the laws are different for a "waste" vs "product".

In 1980 when I was camping in England I could not find white gas for my SEVA123 so
I used 2 star PETROL (regular leaded gas) in a well ventilated area.  I have
successfully used unlead 89 octane auto fuel.  I have heard that this is very bad
but know one can give me a good reason.