[pct-l] leaving soon, mailing white gas, list suggestion

hello all.

I am getting very ready to leave!
Yesterday and the day before I spent the day getting food from
costco, traderjoe's and getting last minute things from REI,
bookstores etc. Today is my day to pack stuff up into
boxes.  and yesterday I realized (it dawned on me!) ... I don't know where,
and if, I need to mail white gas to myself, so ...

1. does anyone know the regulations for mailing white gas?
2. should I pack it up in a seperate small package or just
include it in my regular resupply box?
3. what kind of container should I use? Can I / should
I just use the metal box like container it comes in when you buy it?
I have one extra fuel bottle, can I mail it in that as well?
4. does anyone know out of the following resupply places which
ones I'll need to mail white gas to? (i.e. which ones can I not
get white gas or even regular gas at? (I have a stove
that takes regular gasoline, if needed.) Oh, someone sugested
using low octane instead of high octane if I go to a gas station for
gas for my stove, is this correct?

I have 9 definite places where I'm mailing food:

1. mt laguna (generic 4 day box)
2. warner springs (generic 4 day box)
3. kennedy meadows (generic 6 day box, with tent included)
4. vermillion valley resort (generic 4 day box)
5. burney falls (generic 4 day box)
6. crater lake (ups only)(generic 4 day box)
7. ollalie lake resort(generic 4 day box)
8. timberline lodge (generic 4 day box)
9. stehekin(generic 6 day box)

(generic 4 day box has food for 4 days, & generic 6 for 6 days)

does anyone have the current address & phone for ollaie lake resort, (since
the ranger station has been shut down & we aren't supposed to mail
packages there)?

I'm also considering packing up boxes for an extra 5? resupply places ..
considering ... (generic 4 day boxes for the following)
maybe - red meadows
maybe - toulemne meadows (might not need it, may have friends meet me)
maybe - sierra city
maybe - belden
maybe - seiad valley
maybe - cascade summit - (now it's West Odell Lake Rd, Hwy 58, Cresent Lake OR
97425, instead of cascade sumit PO, and it's ups only, 541-433-2548)

What do you suggest?
(For the rest of my resupply places I'm going to buy supplies as I go.)

On a seperate note ...

****Suggestion for list Admin(s)****

(When you return from your race in Morocco, which I hope was great!)
Has anyone considered having a seperate or sub mailing list ...
for those on the trail ... i.e. just news from those on the trail
and info about trail conditions? so that people on the trail
could be subscibed to a smaller list (smaller = fewer posts)?
On the smaller list they would only get relevant info while
they were hiking & their e-mailboxes wouldn't get
filled up with normal PCT-L list activity stuff.

Everyone on the PCT-l could be on the list ... but it's purpose
would be primarily to hear from those on the trail ... i.e. no
gear questions or planning stuff. kind of like the idea of the digest,
but a list specifically designed for people currently thruhiking/or
on the trail?
anyway ... this is just a thought, I had yesterday since I'm
going to be unsubscribing from the PCT-L soon, ... so that
my mailbox doesn't fill up while I'm gone. But I thought ..
it'll be sad to miss the stuff about how people are doing when
I do get to check in occationally from the trail.

thank you!
rebecca williams
rebecca_pct@usa.net
(see many of you soon at adzpickzo(sp?) thing!!)

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1