[pct-l] Section G Snow/Ice

Friends and I backpacked the 28.5 miles of PCT from Canebrake Road (map G-4)
to Walker Pass (map G-1) over the Easter weekend. Both areas received 4" of
snow on Saturday night with 6" to 8" at the higher elevations in between. We
elected to hike from north-to-south.

For all who plan to hike in the area in the near future, old snow and ICE,
covered by new snow on Saturday night, makes an ice ax advisable for travel
around Mt. Jenkins (approximately 4.5 miles). The slopes are very steep and
drifting snow sometimes obliterates the trail tread completely.

Be safe,
Charlie Jones