Re: [pct-l] Resupply updates

In a message dated 3/30/99 7:38:01 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
radney@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Don't send anything to ONYX -- it is a long hike down and back to the
 town(?) a PO and gas station! >>

Pat and Walt,

I see you recommend skipping Onyx as a resupply, which leaves a 140 mile gap
between Tehechapi or Mojave and KM.  Is there an altenative?  What type or
terrain and milage can one expect in this area?  Acording to the Data book
this stretch also has several water alerts.  I can only envision an awfully
heavy pack during this section (actually part of E, all of F and part G).

Thanks,  Sly