[pct-l] News from the Trail: Goforth

Joanne "Goforth" Lennox is sending me reports of her thru-hike for me to
post here with news about trail conditions for this year's hikers and a
glimpse of our beloved PCT for the rest of us.

Karen Elder

March 21, 1999 - Sunday
first day of Spring - 8:10 AM

Dear Folks -

    Well I made it - I am in Campo having walked the 1.3 mile from the
Mexican border. (5 Border Patrol cars passed, no smuggler 50 mile racers
yet). And I am faced North wondering what the next months hold - I suppose
I'll find a few growing edges out there.
    It is beautiful here, cool, clear, + sunny - Frost on the pastures +
road edges. It never, never is how you imagine it - always a surprise. I am
so happy to be here and hope the best for all those coming behind. I will
try to send postcards to Kared about the water sources + my progress.
    I already miss my frame pack + it's rigidity + side pockets. These are
the things that I am hoping to learn in the next month.
                        Goforth