[pct-l] Good advice (for Posters)

A friend sent me an article that's going around the Internet right now.
(Thanks, Emory.) Some of you may have already seen it. I have deleted most of
the article but some of the 'advice' seems very appropriate to the recent
long-running threads on our list.

Take a few minutes to "lighten up." Read this and enjoy.

Charlie

The article (condensed and maybe even paraphrased a bit) follows ~~~

DON'T SQUAT WITH YER SPURS ON:
	A COWBOY'S GUIDE TO LIFE

Crisis management principle / Strategy for Disaster: Good judgment comes from
experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
somebody else's dog around.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good it started roaring.
It kept it up until a hunter came along and shot it ...
	The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

There's two theories to arguin' about anything. Neither one works.

Don't worry about bitin' off more than you can chew. Your mouth is probably a
whole lot bigger'n you think.

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.

Always drink upstream from the herd.

When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don't be
surprised if they learn their lesson.

There are three kinds of people:
 Those who learn by reading,
 Those who learn by observation, and
 The rest who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.