[pct-l] Skin reactions to coolmax?

Has anybody else gotten a skin reaction to coolmax?

I now have what appears to be a bad sunburn around my ankles, and I suspect
that it is my brand-new Wigwam liner socks (coolmax).  Maybe aggravated by
the stretchiness of the overlying socks(the ultimax, smartwool, and thorlos
all seem to be overly endowed with stretch elastic around the ankles.).
The cheap Coolmax socks from K-Mart didn't do this (Kathy Ireland Brand).
I thought that they would all have the same composition: Coolmax is a
Dupont trademark.  After two days the sunburn is still
there(hypersensitive, hot, itchy) and the idea of putting my boots back on
and cruising for a long hike is very unappealing.  Thank goodness, I used
them before hitting the PCT.  Huhmmm.... I had better try that solarweave
shirt for a while too, you never know what they are coating these things
with.

I had a dry suit that I used for windsurfed for a year and then one winter
day I went for a chilly ride and came back with a similar sunburn all over
my back.  That lasted a month.  the dermatologist said that wetsuits in
general are infamous for producing bad skin reactions, not necessarily at
first.  Many of the reactions are as the materials begans to break down.  I
am wondering if I start the hike with my cheap Ireland Coolmaxs, happy as a
clam for awhile and THEN......

Happy as a clam......Hummmm...... maybe I 'd better hunt up a few of those
slugs.

Goforth