Re: [pct-l] What we need

> The truth is, one can spend an entire summer in the wilds
>carrying no pack at all. Nothing. This requires skills, unquestionably. But
>thru-hiking can tap into this, leading us in such a direction if we choose.

Yes you could, if you carefully picked the area you decided to inhabit. But
the impact and damage caused by one person foraging/hunting, (not even to
consider a couple hundred thru-hikers living off the land) would be
significant.

Kiss LNT goodbye.

Most backcountry enthusiasts cringe at the thought of staring a fire from
deadfall in an existing fire ring. What would they say about digging up
plants and hunting game?

Just a thought.

Hike your own hike.

-Brick