[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #698

I haven't been able to check my messages lately, so I'm confused jumping right into a
question of water on the first section of trail. First of all, I'm starting the trail
around May 1, and I'm interested in some of the posts concerning group camps or
gatherings around Lake Morena and other areas near the beginning. When are they and
where are they located?

Second, I hiked the beginning section last year for the first time and have enough
experience carrying two gallons of water at a pop to appreciate some help along the
way. I am actually planning a cache trip myself -- would someone email me about water
drops or plans along these lines?

Last year, I didn't have much trouble with water along the beginning (an exceptionally
wet year), or even along the famed 16 miles of Los Angeles aqueduct. It was along that
ridge after Tehachapi that I had trouble. I was lucky to find some water left along the
way, but I only took a quart or so because so many thirsty people were right behind.

I don't think I understand the gist of the message stream; are there people who don't
want the water caches?

will

    Today is a clear day in Davis -- those mountains sure look snowy.