[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #698

I cannot help but reply to Blister.  It is too simple a solution to the
problems of the world to say "Let's make it unbearsble..and then I will
have it all to myself."  Water, Y2K...? Problems start with human
awareness, or lack thereof.  I have hiked in So.Cal quite a bit and there
is not enough water on the trails, or off them for that matter.  Should I
risk my life, or well being as an enhancement to the outdoor experience?
You cannot create barriers to the enjoyment of other people.  Everyone
seeks the solace of nature and everyone needs it to bring themselves back
to themselves.  Try hiking in Europe, everyone wants to get out and there
is so little space.  Instead of making the difficult worse, it has been
made easier.  The problems arise in the mind, when one seperates nature
from life, when getting outside is something seperate from day-to-day life.
 Our society has unfortunately developed such boundaries in the way we
live.  If we could not be so disconnected from the intelligence of nature
then there would be room enough for everyone.  So don't get worked up about
the water.  No one is forcing you to use it, and you can be delighted that
the great experience that you are having on the trail is also shared by
others...a few days later we hope :).  Lali