Re: [pct-l] Feet size enlarging

>> I was just realizing this week that the shoes I wear to work are
feeling a bit
>> small these days, and was wondering if I'm going to be needing to
>buy a whole  new set of shoes for work when I return from the PCT.  Hmmm

>> Deb
>Unfortunately, you probably will. [snip] my feet didn't
>change sizes - they were already as wide and flat as they could get.
>Ginny

    I second Ginny's post, Deb. The hot-foot puffiness (edema) goes down,
but the spreading stays spread and the flattening stays flat. I had
abnormally high arches before hiking alot with a full pack, for instance;
last year, an orthopaedist commented to me that one of my arches has
collapsed nearly flat, and the other wasn't far behind... A bit of it's
probably due to normal wear/tear, but hiking sure speeds up the process!

    Hiking isn't my Life or anything, as Ginny says hers is, but it's
made me make some hard choices about my appearance. Any of you gals know
how to enjoy an outdoorsy life _and_  keep a nice manicure, dainty feet,
shiny/silky hair, even-toned complexion?       bj

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]