[pct-l] Feet size enlarging

Someone mentioned their feet swelling in the earlier desert sections of the
PCT.  And from what I've read it sounds like this is a permenant  (at least
for the whole PCT) enlargement of one's feet due to muscles etc.  -.   Is this
true?  And, my main question:  Do people's feet remain at a larger size after
the long distance hiking?  And for how long? If there's a reduction in hiking,
do the feet decrease in size?

I'm normally a size 8.   I'm now wearing size 9 with thick socks for hiking.
Should I be prepared with boots size 10?  or 9.5?  Dilemmas, dilemmas....

I was just realizing this week that the shoes I wear to work are feeling a bit
small these days, and was wondering if I'm going to be needing to buy a whole
new set of shoes for work when I return from the PCT.  Hmmm

Deb