Re: [pct-l] trail blues, suffering from depression

   In regards to trail blues and suffering from depression. after
completing the pct at manning prov. park in sept of '77, I can
say that trail blues and suffering from depression while I hiked
the pct was just about non existent, every day while hiking there
was always something different and exciting to maintain a
positive attitude, the scenery of places I never been before,
meeting new people hiking the pct, or something as simple
as a sunset at the end of a long day.
   I can recall very clearly the snow covered section of trail in
the sierras, and from just north of foresters pass to reds meadow
I was hiking alone and I didn't see one hiker till I arrived at reds
meadow, I felt like I was the only person hiking the pct and
the other hikers I had met before all disappeared. I must admit
I did take a couple of days off at Mammoth Lakes to rest.
   To put it into a few words it all about attitude,  when its
been raining for a week, your feet and just about every
other part of your body is in pain, you must feel that soon
the sun will shine and the pain will be gone.

Jeff Zimmerman
.