Re: [pct-l] Day 0 Planning

In a message dated 2/12/99 6:38:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, reynolds@ilan.com
writes:

<< We are planning support April 17 and May 1. Is this good enough?

 Tom

 PS: We could have a LOT cooler party at the park. Half the list could show up
and ... >>

Are these starting dates cast in stone? You see, both of these dates are
Saturdays. Lake Morena Campground is likely to be FULL of local campers in
motorhomes on those nights. It's too bad that PCT hikers couldn't start their
trips on Wednesdays or Thursdays.

They do have a backpacker's site at the campground. The costs is (was)
$3/person. There is room for multiple tents, but not very many (3 or 4 will
reach the overflow limit, I suspect).

Oh well. We'll try to make it work.
Charlie Jones