Re: [pct-l] trail blues, suffering from depression

In a message dated 2/10/99 9:50:11 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
bjensen4@juno.com writes:

<< He worked _with_ what
 he had and what each day presented, instead of viewing his hike as a
 "battle" or a "struggle _against_" - sounds like the Eastern philosophy
 so many posters refer to, huh? <g>) >>

I think, I think like that.

I don't know doctrines of eastern philosophy, but I do know unless you give
yourself up to the trail, the trail will win.  Doing so, you can allow
yourself to experience the trail, with all it's beauties, comprehend it's
occasional ugliness, but not dwell on your own discomfort.

It's mental and I'm beginning to think,  I'm mental, Sly

PS I also think I can make it!