[pct-l] Blisters & compeeds

For blisters between toes - Compeeds - the small size - work GREAT when
wrapped completely around a toe to prevent or help an already formed (and
perforated per previous posts) blister.  As an alternative to compeeds or
other material (duct tape also) I use lots of Vaseline - in between toes,
base of toes - I put literally gobs of it between my toes & put a film of it
over the ball of the foot & the heel - whereever I'm prone to forming
blisters.  A podiatrist clued me into the Vaseline cure and I swear by it.
If I had known about this method I might not have crippled myself by Warner
Springs trying lots of powder, alcohol, moleskin, 2nd skin, etc. trying to
heal blisters that started at Scissors Crossing and became unwalkable by
Barrel Springs.   The Vaseline feels a little weird at first - your feet
tend to feel slippery - but you get used to it.
I'm intrigued by the various posts on perforatiing & threading blisters.
I've never heard of the latter technique but it seems to make sense.  I've
perforated blisters numerous times without infection problems - lots of
Betadine, then bandaids or moleskin or a Compeed.  Now that I use Vaseline I
hardly need the bandage stuff...(but when I do it's REALLY hard to get the
skin grease-free so the adhesive will stick!!! <g>).

Christine