[pct-l] agony of da feet

I've often heard that people's feet tend to swell to larger
sizes after weeks & weeks of hiking.  I'm looking at some
footwear (for example, some slightly more rigid boots for
snow) for certain sections of the PCT, but I'm not totally sure
what size will be right .  I have size 11.5 (mens) feet right now.
I'm afraid that 12's aren't quite big enough, but those
13's are HUGE!
Has anyone had some real-life experience with this issue?
Can I expect most shoes/boots to slowly expand
with my feet?

-Jonathan