[pct-l] Metal vs Plastic, old style vs new.

I am addressing this to anyone who has switched to the new style Garcia or to the metal bear can.  I'm currently using the old style Garcia and want to switch.  Before I commit, I am looking for recommendations.  Does the newer aluminum style hold as much as the old Garcia style?  Does the newer Garcia hold more?  Will the newer Garcia/aluminum can fit in my backpack like my older Garcia does?  Will the new style/aluminum can fit the old stlye Garcia Sling?  Is there a problem with the newer aluminum style getting dinged/bent if dropped?  Any pros or cons on Alumnum vs Garcia (other than weight)?

Any and all comments appreciated.  If you wish, email me privatly.  Thanks in advance.

Mike