[pct-l] talk softly

Dear fellow listers,

I whined about this list earlier, but would like to make another
statement.

Why can't this list, composed of "nature lovers" and "enjoyers of
wilderness" avoid the big-city gang wars? Why the bullying and bickering
and name calling and just plain UNPLEASANTNESS?

I hope some of these bickerers are hiking alone and many days away from
me.

I'm very close to unsubscribing from this list. It reminds me of hiking up
Interstate 5 with loud trucks buzzing by, more than "walking softly" along
the beautiful Cascade Crest.

Can we all talk softly to practice walking softly?

<sigh>

p.s. My name is really "Steve"! I've had the same email address for 4 to 5
years. It's not free but pretty cheap. See my photo on the website listed
below to show that I'm male and have hoisted a backpack at least once!

<second sigh>

Steve Fox, http://www.eskimo.com/~sfox/