Re: [pct-l] Valentines Day

On Sun, 07 Feb 1999 20:41:44 PST "Jeff Thompson" <sierra141@hotmail.com>
writes:

>> flames snipped....

   So, can someone please tell me what this has to do with hiking?!?!

May I make a humble suggestion? Keep any arguments that having absolutely
nada to do with the PCT, Hiking, trail maintainng, Guinness
(hey...Guinness is NEVER off topic) to private e-mail.

  I understand that tempers can flare, and things get said (typed?) that
are not really meant. So everyone, take a breather. Relax.  The nicer
weather is not too far away. Think everone in  "hiking Internet land" is
gettig a severe case of cabin fever (with a nod to the SlyMan).  The two
AT lists are also experiencing a case of cabin fever..

   Seeing the incessant arguing does nothing to foster a community
spirit. It detracts from  the list. How many people will not bother
subscribing to a resource that has more to do with personal attacks than
sunrises over mountain peaks?  Less people to share their advice, less
people to share their thoughts, and less peope to enrich the community.

   So, everyone...go out and hike.  Read a book about hiking. Practice
those knots you have been meaning to learn. Have a Black and Tan (slow
pours only, please!)... Do some winter hiking...winter has a  beauty all
it's own.  Spring is not that far away. then we can all go hiking again
and realise how silly it is have these arguments in public..

Magaroni...unlurking for a while.