Re: [pct-l] Things aren't always what they seem

Beejer Slayer wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a list member under another address, and I set up this free
> anonymous e-mail account to make this one post because I wanted to show
> how easy it is to create an e-mail alter ego and I don't want my real
> mailbox filled up with flames.

<one big snip>

How silly.

In any of the heated arguments (I hesitate to call them real *flame* wars)
people with strong opinions have voiced them.  Rarely with vulgarity, rarely
resorting to infantile name calling (different from creative labeling).  At one
point, Brigitte has taken exception to some of my opinions, possibly through
failing to read a portion of my posting, or my failure to be clear. But funny
thing... I survived.  Her disagreement forced me to rethink my position, (it
didn't change), but my thoughts concerning our issue are certainly clearer. The
subjects that have been under debate on this list have pertinance to those of
us who use/abuse/cherish the backcountry, and help to identify the choices we
all have to make.

As for her posting from multiple EMail addresses, what would be her point?
Rarely do the disagreements between the original parties exceed a "thrust,
parry, reposte, remise".  Sometimes a few others feel the need to voice their
thoughts, but then it's done.  If one wants to see real flaming, check out
rec.backcountry and the mountain biker inanity.

"jeeter" Jeff