[pct-l] How To Hike the PCT

I've been watching Lynne Weldon's very informative video How To Hike the
Pacific Crest Trail and noticed something surprisingly absent, out of the 22
hikers interviewed in '97, not one appeared to carry a set of trekking sticks
(Lekis), although a few mentioned using them.

After receiving severe foot and knee injuries during the first half of the AT,
using only a single wooden pole, I switched to a set of Lekis for the second
half without suffering any problems.  I was able to hike stronger and faster
and believe they'll be a great benefit on the trail again this year.  Plus
they give your arms something to do.  On flat sections, I'm learning to twirl
them and my air guitar is improving!

Does any one use these on the PCT?

Also, I had the chance to see the 1.5 pound Nomad tent last weekend at the
Ruck in Pa. and ordered one on the spot.  This looks like the perfect long
distance hiking tent.  Incredibly light, sets up in a couple minutes and has
room for a hiker and most of their gear,  It utilizes a pair of collapsible
hiking sticks as poles, or poles may be ordered separately.

Sly