-----Original Message-----
From: ROYROBIN@aol.com [mailto:ROYROBIN@aol.com]

Jim writes:

<< I built a "Geritol" stove and wanted to compare notes with you.  I used a
 2oz "lobster spread" can as the fuel reservoir, and a 6oz tuna can for the
 outer "shell".  The 2oz can is 1" high....  Anyway, the new design
definitely
 puts out more heat, but had some disconcerting properties as well.  The
most
 disconcerting thing was the flames leaping up over and above the sides of
the
 pot! >>

Well, the idea was to make a hotter machine!   I'm using a 0.9 liter pot, a
little smaller than yours.  I get flame around the sides some but not as
high
as you describe.  Might try reducing the air flow by cutting only three tab
holes, or pushing the jacket down further on the burner.  However, less air
may only cause soot to form.  Or, more air (pull the jacket up a bit) might
help.  Hafta play with it.

<snip>