[pct-l] ..that umbrella idea

I'd have to agree though about bringing a dog along in the Southern
Section. I've never heard of a dog successfully making it through all the
sections a canine is permitted. I met-up with another thru-hiker couple on
my '82 trip, who brought along their German Shepard, and even with booties,
the dog had to be sent back with foot problems. I think of the occasional
stray cholla cactus barbs (if any are around Sissors Crossing or other
similar environs), and possible sharp and pointy things on the trail in the
Southern Section (as well as lava fields, obsidian, etc. in the Northern
Sections), and discount the idea.