Re: [pct-l] Non-Canine Buddy

Hurricane Helen wrote:

My point was only that some hikers, with or without canine companions, are more irresponsible (subjective) than others and I do not think that we should be determining who or what is worthy of using this country's resources.
<<<<

If not us, then who? I think that those who care most for these resources should in fact be the decision makers for "who or what is worthy". Should we just look aside when the off road four wheel drive association of America decides that they ought to have access to wilderness areas? (My apologies to the ORFWD Assoc. of America, I own a four wheel drive vehicle also) No! NO! NO!!

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"

IMHO,

Greg "Strider" Hummel * From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | http://www.backcountry.net *