Re: [pct-l] Non-Canine Buddy

I am sorry Joanne - The word permitted in your post was what threw me. I will try to read more carefully in the future.  I obviously didn't get what you meant about people and horses and dogs(permits).  I thought you meant that you would put up with people and horses because you couldn't do anything about them, however you would not put up with dogs because they defecate outdoors.  My point was only that some hikers, with or without canine companions, are more irresponsible (subjective) than others and I do not think that we should be determining who or what is worthy of using this country's resources.
Helen
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"