[pct-l] Dogs on the PCT

Here's a question that maybe someone can give me some suggestions on.  Does
anyone hike with their "canine buddies" on the PCT?  Is this considered
disrespectful of other hikers, the trail, or the animals along the way?  Is it
better to leave the dog at home? Any trail-tested advice or strong opinions on
the subject?

My yellow Labrador goes on pretty much every trip with me, but I'm feeling
sensitive about the impact she may have in the backcountry.  Let me know what
you think!

Strangebird