[pct-l] Pass Height in Washington, Thanks

Thanks everybody for all the response on thoughts, boredom, books , songs,
etc.  It turned out to be a very interesting thread for me, and gave me
more of an idea of what works for some people, and some of the
personalities behind the list.

About the washinton Passes: I think that the idea that the trail is higher
than the passes is mostly true only when you hit a highway pass(, the trail
is descending to reach a highway pass at the same time that the highway is
ascending to reach the pass).  This is true for White, Chinook, Snoqualmie,
and Stevens Passes.  On Passes reached by trail, the pass is HIGHER than
the trail.  Examples would be Hart"s and White Pass.

Peace
Goforth